Are you using the 'Add Favorite' function now? You can now keep a list of your favorite users with this function. If you haven’t added these users as friends, you can still check out their journals that you’re interested in or find useful. You can also correct the journals of people you aren’t friends with by using this function and hopefully add them to your friends list.
1) Go to the homepage of the user you want to add.
2) Click on the ‘Add Favorite’ button at the bottom of the users photo.
3) You will be asked, “Do you want to add the following members to your Favorites?”. Choose “Yes”.
You can manage your ‘Favorites’ list and check its status by selecting the ‘Favorites’ option on the drop-down navigation panel.
And you can also choose ‘Show’ or ’ Hide’ to manage the “Latest entries from your Favorites.” We hope that this function will help you improve your language skills. :)
Much like other social networks, on Lang-8 you can add users to your friends list. Once you add a user to your “My Friends” list, your friend’s latest journals will show up on your Lang-8 home page. In addition, your latest journals will also be listed on your friend’s Lang-8 home page.
This makes your journals more likely to be corrected by your friends, and of course, you can find your friend’s latest journal entries more easily and correct them.
Note: You do not have to correct your friend’s entries. How much time you spend correcting journals is totally up to you.
You can remove friends whenever you want via [My Friends Settings].
In “My Friends Settings”, if you want to remove someone from your friend list, just click on [Remove from My Friends].
1. If you receive a "My Friends" invitation from other members, a notification shows up at the top of your individual page.
2. Click on a highlighted link to jump to the confirmation page.
You can choose “Accept” or “Deny” as below.
If you click on [Accept], you’ll be added on the sender’s friend list.
If you click on [Deny], you can refuse this friend invitation.
In this case, Lang-8 won’t inform the sender of the fact you refused the invitation.
If there is a member you’d like to add to your friends list, put the cursor on the member’s name.
The languages which he or she studies and the ‘Send friend request’ button are shown.
Click on the ‘Send friend request’ button, and a message box comes up.
Type in the box, and click on the ‘Send’ button.
As you may know already, you can also send a friend request in the following way.
Go to the member’s profile page. You will find a button labeled ‘Add Friend’ under the member’s photo.
In order to send a friend request, click on ‘Add Friend’.
Write your message and click on the ‘Send’ button.
The request will be sent to the member.
If the invitation is accepted, the member will be added to your friends list.
When sending a friend request, please keep in mind the following tips. 1)Don’t send a friend request without a message. 2)Don’t start the first message with something suspicious like: ”Let’s Skype! Tell me your Skype name.” 3)Do send a brief introduction about yourself or an explanation of why you are making a friend request.
1. Click on ‘My Friends’ through the drop down menu from your user name at the top of your home page.
2. Click on ‘My Friends Settings’.
3. Select the member you wish to remove and click “Remove from My friends”.
4. If you are sure you want to remove that member, please click “Delete” and he/she will be removed from your friends list.
They will not receive any notification mail from Lang-8 that they have been removed from your friends list.