Let’s make your profile using a smartphone!
1. Click the “Edit Profile” button.
2. Fill in the blanks and choose the appropriate answers from the drop down menus.
3. Click the “Submit” button and send the information.
Thank you very much for registering. Please try to update your profile photo from your PC as well.
We have now added the “Please correct my post in _____ way” feature to enable you to let other users know how you would like your journal to be corrected.
*This function is for premium users only.*
We hope that you will be able to learn faster with the knowledge that other users will know how to correct your journal appropriately. Please follow the steps below.
1. Click the “＋Display Options” button.
2. You will then be presented with the “Please correct my post:” feature where you can choose from the 5 choices given in the drop down menu. You can choose one that will suit your journals purpose.
Choices are below:
① in no particular way.
② so that it is understandable.
③ so that it is natural.
④ in a formal way.
⑤ in a casual way.
3. Then you can post your journal as usual.
You get many benefits using Lang 8 as a Premium User. Please check the conditions of the Premium Account to see if it matches what you’re looking for!
A link to your message box.
You are able to view and confirm your Inbox, Sent Messages, and Drafts from here.
2. My Friends
Here it shows your “My friends” list.
You can edit the introduction of your friends and remove some from your list using the “My Friends Settings” button.
3. My Journal
Here it shows all your entries and drafts as a list.
You can edit and delete the text and contents using the “Edit” button.
- How do I write a journal entry?
- I want to edit a submitted journey entry.
- I want to delete a posted journey entry.
4. My Notebook
Here it shows a list of all the corrections that you have saved in your notebook.
5. Who Visited You
Here it shows a list of users who have recently visited your page.
Here it shows a list of your favorite users.
Here it shows your premium settings. (Limited for premium users only)
8. Edit Profile
Here you can edit and change your profile picture and information including your learning language status.
Here you will be able to access any settings menus that you want to.
You can log out from Lang-8.
Thank you for your continuing support.
Recently, we at Lang-8 have added the ‘Like’ button to all corrections and comments below the main entry.
Before you couldn’t express your gratitude to someone who had corrected your entry unless you typed something into the comment box.
But now, you just need to click the ‘Like’ button to express the feeling!
We hope you like this new feature.
We have released a new design on our smartphone view that makes your language studies much easier!
Let’s make an account with your mobile device and start learning on Lang-8!
1. Click “Register”
2. Fill in the blanks and click “Agree and register”
3. Confirm an Email sent from Lang-8
If there are no emails from us in your inbox, please make sure that your security settings do not forbid receiving messages from the domain “@Lang-8.com” and also check the spam messages folder.
Welcome to Lang-8!
We have put a new button to remove the drafts that you choose not to post immediately. If you have too many of them and think your screen would be better if it was neat and tidy, you could consider removing them all and try again with brand-new topics you have never written about!
1) Click “Remove all drafts” as the arrow below shows.
2) After this, a confirmation screen is shown. Please click “OK” to complete the procedures.
Note: Please make sure that you really want to remove all of the drafts, as they can not be recovered after clicking “OK”.
Thank you very much for using Lang-8! We hope you will enjoy learning with us!
Thank you very much for using Lang-8.
Today we would like to announce an update to the Lang-8 interface.
The “Latest/Popular Entries” listing will now be displayed on the screen after clicking the “Correct” button.
Please take a look at the pictures below to see an example.
As you can see, after clicking the “Correct” button on the home screen you are then able to choose between the Latest and Popular Entries by clicking on the respective buttons.
Please enjoy using Lang-8!
EDIT: The “Latest/ Popular Entries” buttons are now also available by clicking the “Other Contents” Menu to the right of the “Correct” button.
Thank you for your continued support.
I’d like to tell you how to add your Facebook ID to your Lang-8 profile, as I have just received a message about it.
1. Go to your profile on Facebook, and check the last section of the URL (after “/”). This is your Facebook ID.
2. Go to your home on Lang-8, hover over your user name in the upper right-hand corner and then click ‘Edit Profile’ in the drop-down menu.
3. Enter your Facebook ID in the space provided, and select your preferred option from the ‘Access Settings’ drop-down box. Click on the ‘Submit’ button, and then you’re done!
4. When you visit someone’s profile and click the Facebook ID you’ll be taken to their Facebook profile automatically.
Thank you for your continuing support.
You can let the writer of an entry know quickly that you like their entry by clicking on its ‘Like’ button. Click on an entry’s ‘Like’ button to let the author of the entry know how you feel about it.
1. There is a ‘Like’ button displayed in the lower left corner of every entry. If you like the entry, click on it.
2. The message “You like this entry” is shown after you have clicked the button.
3. A notification is shown (accessible via the notification icon, next to your user name, in the upper right corner) when someone clicks the ‘Like’ button on one of your entries.
We hope you will try this button soon!
* Once you have clicked “Like” on an entry, you can’t cancel the “Like”.
* Notifications of comments or corrections are shown at the top of your home page as usual.
In addition to above, here added ‘Like’ button to the corrections and comments as well. Now you can cheer the members only with clicking ‘Like’ button.
1. Go to your friend’s home page, and click “Post a testimonial” at the bottom of the page.
2. Type the testimonial in the box, and then click on the “Post a testimonial” button.
There is another way.
1. Click on ‘My Friends’ through the drop-down menu from your user name at the top of your home page.
2. Click on ‘My Friends Settings’.
3. Select the member you wish to introduce and click “Post a testimonial”.
4. Type the testimonial in the box, and then click on the “Post a testimonial” button.