Thank you for supporting us.
Today, I’ll show you how to use the “Preview” button when correcting a journal.
1) Display the window for correcting a journal by clicking on the “Correct” button. Type your correction for one of the sentences and then click on the “Preview” button.
2) The preview of your correction is now shown. ※ The correction is not posted yet.
3) If you want to modify your correction, click the “Correct” button again.
4) Once you have modified your correction you can then click on the “Preview” button again.
5) After completing your changes, click on the orange ”Post corrections” button.
If you write a journal in your native language, you will see a gray-colored “With native lang” label next to the title, as shown in the following picture.
There’s nothing worse than something urgent coming up when you’re half way through correcting someone’s journal.
Fortunately, the new Lang-8 correction manager solves this problem!
1) When you’re done correcting a sentence, click on the ‘Preview’ button.
2) Choose to leave this page.
You can click the ‘leave’ button, when you see the question ” Are you sure you want to leave this page? Some correction boxes are opened.”
3) By doing this, you save your comments as a draft. If you come back later, you’ll be presented with this message;
Select ‘Continue’ and your previous corrections will appear. If you select ‘No’ then you will start from fresh.
If you find a sentence that has no mistakes at all, you should hit the ‘Perfect’ button.
If you hover your mouse over a sentence, the ‘Perfect’ button will appear.
Once you click on it, the following green-colored text will be added.
Note: Your corrections will not be complete until you select ‘Preview’ at the bottom of the corrections page.
After correcting other sentences, enter your comments and click on [Preview].
If there’s nothing to fix, click on [ Post ].
The green text “It is Perfect! No correction is needed.” is displayed below the sentence on which you clicked the “Perfect” button.
You can use the following keyboard shortcuts when correcting:
Bold : Ctr + b
Cross out : Ctr + d
Red : Ctr + Alt + r
Blue : Ctr + Alt + b
Gray : Ctr + Alt + g
Undo : Ctr + u
Currently Lang-8 does not have support to upload pictures for mobile devices, and therefore you may experience some issues when using them. Currently uploading pictures are not possible by a mobile device.
Image upload is currently only possible using a computer. We apologize for your inconvenience.
1. If you agree with another native speaker’s correction, press the ‘Good’ button.
2. Doing so will increase the number next to the icon on the other native speaker’s profile. It shows they are a reliable corrector.
3. If you’d like to undo your correction point, click on [Ungood].
** You cannot give a “Native Nod” to a correction made on your own journal entry.
However, you can give a [Thanks] point instead.
With regard to [Thanks] points, please refer to [How to use thanks points]
1. Click on the ‘Post’ button at the top of a page
Or go to you home page and click on the 'Post an entry now!' button.
2. You’ll then be directed to the diary entry page.
At first you need to select the language which you want to write with by clicking the drop-down menu of 'Help me with my(*)'. Write your journal in the ‘Text(*)’box, and add a title by clicking on ‘Click to enter a title(optional)’.
Next, select the ‘Access settings(*)’.
**Note: (*) is a required item to post.
You can also write a version of your journal in your native language to make it clearer what you are writing about. It is also good reading practice for those learning your native language.
3. If you want to post the journal without confirming the contents, click on the ‘Publish’ button.
If you want to post the journal after confirming, click on the 'Preview' button, confirm the contents and then click on the ’Post’ button.
You don’t need to post it as soon as you have wrote it - you can also save it as draft.
1. Once you click on “Quote”, you can add comments on a specific correction made by another user.
2. You can write your comment about the correction in the comment box.
3. Once you click on “Reply”, your comment will be uploaded.
4. If you’d like to delete this comment, you can do so by clicking on the button.
Note: Remember to keep your comments friendly, and in line with the User Agreement.
You can give a “Thanks point” to a user who has corrected your entry.
On the corrected journal’s page, you can give a Thanks Point by clicking the “Thanks” button next to the username of the person who corrected your entry.
Then, you can give a “Thanks point”
After giving a “Thanks Point”.
Note: You can not take back a ”Thanks Point”.