1. Click on "Edit Profile" using the drop-down menu on the right hand side of the navigation bar.
2. Fill in the blanks, and click on "Submit" to complete.
Each menu option has it’s own privacy settings. You can choose to share information with everyone on the internet, Lang-8 users only, your friends only, or you can keep it private.
Public information can be searched by other users looking for language partners. The more information you have available, the more likely you are to be discovered by others!
To change the language that the website is displayed in, choose your language from the pull-down list found at the bottom right of the site.
This will change the menu options where available. Menus not yet available in your language will be displayed in English.
A. Edit via the “Drop-down menu”
1. Click on your user name at the top the right-corner of a page, and choose “Edit Profile”.
2. Click on “Edit photos” next to “Edit Profile”
B. Edit via home
1. Click on your user name or the home button to access your profile.
2. Click on “Edit photos” below your profile picture.
How to upload
1. Browse image files and choose one.
Please use GIF/JPEG/PNG files smaller than 300 KB.
Make sure the filename of the image you want to upload does not contain any spaces or special characters. (!,?,<,*,….).
2. Click on “Upload photos”
3. You can upload up to 3 pictures.
4. Click on “Main picture” below the image to make that photo your new profile photo.
Click on the "Correct" tab at the top of the page.
Next you will see the Latest and Popular Entries on your screen.
In this section, you can view recent, popular entries. Entries that appear on this list are dependent on the Views, Comments, and Corrections that they receive.
You can change the language of listed journals by switching tabs on the left side.
1) Click on the orange-colored banner “Learn for Free!” on the site’s top page.
2) Enter your e-mail address and choice of password into the form and click “Next”.
3) Complete the form with your information and then click “I agree and register”.
4) Check your inbox for our e-mail confirming your new account registration. Click on the URL in the e-mail below “Joining Lang-8”.
5) After following these steps, you’ll receive an e-mail to confirm that your registration is complete.
6) Please sign in to your new account and edit your profile information as necessary. We hope you enjoy studying with Lang-8!
Lang-8 has many users who want to brush up on their foreign language skills .
Please refer to the following information to learn how to find new friends on Lang-8.
1. “Search members”
You can find the "Search members" function in the "Other Contents" tab at the top of your home page. On the “Search members” page, you can search for members who fit your criteria for good language learning partners.
You can change the search criteria to find suitable members, or you can search without any criteria.
2. “Entries awaiting your correction”
On the middle of your main page, you can find the column entitled “Entries awaiting your correction ” that recommends new members who are studying your native language or native speakers of the language you are studying.
3. Searching with new entries
You can also make new friends by correcting someone else’s entry.
You can see many entries on the “Latest journal entries that are awaiting your correction.” by clicking on the ‘Correct’ tab. Other Lang-8 users need your corrections and will be very grateful if you help them.
Enjoy meeting new members and expanding your circle of friends!
1. Click on "Settings" via your user name at the top right corner of the page.
2. Open the “Delete account” tab, and click the button below.
3. Click “OK”, after the message “Are you sure you want to delete your account?” came up on the screen.
We would appreciate hearing your comments about Lang-8. Please send a message to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try the following methods
1. Make sure that your E-mail address & password are entered accurately.
Note that the fields are case-sensitive.
2. Make sure that your E-mail address & password don’t contain unnecessary spaces.
form:[*****@****.com ]——-invalid (.com <———-unnecessary space)
3. Try to clear your browser cache.
4. In case you cannot fix the problem with steps 1-3, try to get new password.
1. Click on “Forgot Your Password ?” at the log-in page.
2. Type in your email address which you used to sign up with, and click “send”.
3. You should find a new message from us titled “reissued password.” You will find your new password there.
**In case you don’t receive any e-mail from Lang-8, see here.
4. Log-in with your reissued password.
**In case you cannot log-in with new password, see here.
**Please note that once you sent a request for a new password, your previous one will no longer be valid.