1. Click on “Edit Profile” using the drop-down menu on the right hand side of the navigation bar.
2. Fill in the blanks, and click on “Preview”
3. After confirming the content, click on “Submit” to complete.
Each menu option has it’s own privacy settings. You can choose to share information with everyone on the internet, Lang-8 users only, your friends only, or you can keep it private.
Public information can be searched by other users looking for language partners. The more information you have available, the more likely you are to be discovered by others!
To change the display language of the website, choose your language from the pull-down list found at the bottom right of the site. This will change the menu options where available. Menus not yet available in your language will be displayed in English.
A. Edit via “Settings”
1. Click on your user name at the top right corner of a page, and choose “Edit Profile”.
2. Click on “Edit pictures” next to “Edit Profile”
B. Edit via your profile
1. Click on your user name or profile picture to access your profile.
2. Click on “Edit pictures” below your profile picture.
How to upload
1. Browse image files and choose one.
Please use GIF/JPEG/PNG files smaller than 300 KB.
Make sure the filename of the image you want to upload does not contain any spaces or special characters. (!,?,<,*,….).
2. Click on “Upload pictures”
3. You can upload up to 3 pictures.
4. Click on “Main picture” below the image, and that image will become your new profile picture.
Click on the “Popular” tab at the top of the page.
In this section, you can view recent popular entries. Entries are selected for inclusion on this list by the number of Views, Comments, and Corrections they receive.
You can change the language of listed journals by switching tabs on the left side.
1. Click on the orange-colored banner “Learn for free!” at the top page.
2. —how to get an invitation from Lang-8
1) Type in your E-mail in the upper form.
2) Fill in the blanks about your information.
3) Click on “I agree and register”
3. You will find a new message from us titled “Lang-8 Registration”
4. Open the mail and click the URL below “Joining Lang-8”.
5. you’ll receive an Email that confirm your registration after you get the steps done.
6. Please sign up on your page and edit necessary information.
We hope you enjoy studying through Lang-8!
Lang-8 has many users who want to brush up on their foreign language skills .
Please refer to the following information to learn how to find new friends on Lang-8.
1. “Search members”
You can find the “Search members” function in the “Other Contents” tab at the top of your home page. On the “Search members” page, you can search for members who fit your criteria for good language learning pertners.
You can change the search criteria to find suitable members, or you can search without any criteria.
2. “Entries awaiting your correction”
On the middle of your main page, you can find the column entitled “Entries awaiting your correction ” that recommends new members who are studying your native language or native speakers of the language you are studying.
3. Searching with new entries
You can also make new friends by correcting someone else’s entry.
You can see many entries on the “Latest journal entries that are awaiting your correction.” by clicking on the ‘Correct’ tab. Other Lang-8 users need your corrections and will be very grateful if you help them.
Enjoy meeting new members and expanding your circle of friends!
1. Click on “Settings” via your user name at the top right corner of the page.
2. Open the “Delete account” tab, and click the button below.
3. Click “OK”, after the message “Are you sure you want to delete your account?” came up on the screen.
We would appreciate hearing your comments about Lang-8. Please send a message to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try the following methods
1. Make sure that your E-mail address & password are entered accurately.
Note that the fields are case-sensitive.
2. Make sure that your E-mail address & password don’t contain unnecessary spaces.
form:[*****@****.com ]——-invalid (.com <———-unnecessary space)
3. Try to clear your browser cache.
4. In case you cannot fix the problem with steps 1-3, try to get new password.
1. Click on “Forgot Your Password ?” at the log-in page.
2. Type in your email address which you used to sign up with, and click “send”.
3. You should find a new message from us titled “reissued password.” You will find your new password there.
**In case you don’t receive any e-mail from Lang-8, see here.
4. Log-in with your reissued password.
**In case you cannot log-in with new password, see here.
**Please note that once you sent a request for a new password, your previous one will no longer be valid.