Thank you for supporting us.
Today, I’ll show you how to use the “Preview” button in correcting.
1) Display the window for correcting a journal by clicking on the “Correct” button. Type your correction for one sentence and then click on the ” Preview” button.
2) The preview of your correction is now shown. ※ The correction is not posted yet.
3) If you want to modify your correction, click the “Correct” button again.
4) Modify your correction and then click on the ” Preview” button, again.
5) After completing your changes, click on the orange ”Post corrections” button.
If you write your journal with your native language, you can see a gray-colored “With native lang” label next to the title like a following picture.
There’s nothing worse than something urgent coming up when you’re half way through correcting someone’s journal.
Fortunately, the new Lang-8 correction manager solves this problem!
1) When you’re done correcting a sentence, click on the ‘Preview’ button.
2) Choose to leave this page.
You can click the ‘leave’ button, when you see the question ” Are you sure you want to leave this page? Some correction boxes are opened.”
3) By doing this, you save your comments as a draft. If you come back later, you’ll be presented with this message;
Select ‘Continue’ and your previous corrections will appear. If you select ‘No’ to start again.
If you find a sentence that has no mistakes at all, his the ‘Perfect’ button.
If you hover your mouse over a sentence, the ‘Perfect’ button will appear.
Once you click on it, the following green-colored text will be added.
Note: Your corrections will not be complete until you select ‘Preview’ at the bottom of the corrections page.
After correcting other sentences, enter your comments and click on [Preview].
If there’s nothing to fix, click on [ Post ].
The green text “perfect ! No correction is needed” is displayed below the sentence on which you clicked “Perfect button”.
You can use the following Keyboard shortcuts when correcting:
Bold : Ctr + b
Cross out : Ctr + d
Red : Ctr + Alt + r
Blue : Ctr + Alt + b
Gray : Ctr + Alt + g
Undo : Ctr + u
Currently Lang-8 does not have support for mobile devices, and therefore you may experience some issues when using them. Currently correcting entries and uploading images are not possible using a mobile device.
Image upload is currently only possible using a computer. We apologise for any inconvenience.
1. If you agree with another native speaker’s correction, press the ‘Good’ button.
2. Doing so will increase the number next to the icon on the other native speaker’s profile. It shows they are a reliable corrector.
3. If you’d like to undo your correction point, click on [Ungood].
** You cannot give a native nots to a correction made on your own journal entry.
However, you can give a [Thanks] point instead.
With regard to [Thanks] points, please refer to [How to use thanks points]
1. Click on “write” at the top of a page,
or click on “Write a new entry” below your profile picture.
2. Then you’ll be directed to a diary entry page.
Write your journal in the “Text(*)” box, fill in “Title(*)”, “Topic tags” and set the “Language flag(*)” and “Access settings(*)”.
((*) is a required item to post.)
3. If you want to post the journal without confirming the contents, click on “Publish”.
If you want to post the journal after confirming, click on “Preview”, confirm the contents and then click on [Post].
1. Once you click on [Quote] , you can add comments on a specific correction made by another user.
2. You can write your comment about the correction in the comment box.
3. Once you click on [Reply], your comment will be uploaded.
4. If you’d like to cancel this comment, you can delete it by clicking on the button.
You can give a “Thanks point” to a user who has corrected your entry.
On the corrected journal’s page, you can give a Thanks Point by clicking the “Thanks” button next to the username of the person who corrected your entry.
Then, you can give a “Thanks point”
After giving a “Thanks Point”.
You can not take back a ”Thanks Point”.