1. If you receive a “My Friends” invitation from other members,
a blue-colored notification shows up at the top of your individual page.
2. Click on “X new friend request(s)!” to jump to the confirmation page.
You can choose “Accept” or “Deny” as below.
If you click on [Accept], you’ll be added on the sender’s friend list.
If you click on [Deny], you can refuse this friend invitation.
In this case, Lang-8 won’t inform the sender of the fact you refused the invitation.
If you have some members you’d like to add your friend list,
click on the user name and then you can access the user’s profile page.
In order to send a “My Friends ” invitation, click on [ +Add friend ].
You can edit messages attached to “My Friends” invitations
Once you click on [Send], the invitation will be sent to the member.
If the invitation is accepted, the member will be added on your friend list.
Please use the following link to access the waiting list.
A. If the notifications aren’t showing up on your home page
If notifications on your home page aren’t showing up, please try following things.
1, Please delete your browser cache.
2, Please type ctrl+r.
Then it should work fine.
B. in case you have received a notification e-mail, but you cannot find the waiting list.
Maybe the user who sent you an invitation has already deleted his/her Lang-8 account for some reason.
In this case, you will not receive any invitation messages, and cannot accept the invitation.
This sometimes happens when the invitation was sent by a spammer.
1. Go to the page of the group you want to quit.
The groups you are currently in are listed at the bottom left of your main page.
2. Click “Cancel group membership”
3. In confirmation page click “quit this group”, and you can leave that group.
1. Click “Groups” from the “Contents” tab.
2. You can search groups by using keywords as you like.
3. Go to the profile page of group which you want to join, and click on “Join this Group”.
If the group is open to everyone, you will be made a member immediately.
If approval of administrator is necessary for membership, upon approval you will become a member.
1. Click on “Groups” from the “Contents” tab.
2. Click the “Create a new group” button.
*Please check to see whether or not a similar group exists before you create a new group!
3. Enter the name of your new group, choose access setting and write a short description. Click “Create” to establish your group.
1. Click on “friend settings” from the column of “My Friends” in your main page.
2. Select the member you wish to remove and click “Remove from My friends”.
3. If you are sure you want to remove that member, please click “Delete” and he/she will be removed from your friends list.
They will not receive any notification mail from Lang-8 that they have been removed from your friends list.
1. Go to the profile page of the person to whom you want to send a message.
2. Click on “Message” in the user’s information column.
3. Write a subject, message and click on “preview”
4. After confirming your content via the preview, click on “send”, and your message will be sent.