How do I comment on a correction made?
1. Once you click on [Quote] , you can add comments on a specific correction made by another user. 2. You can write your comment about the correction in the comment box. 3. Once you click on [Reply], your comment will be uploaded. 4. If you’d like to cancel this comment, you can delete it by clicking on the button.
How to use a "Thanks point" ?
You can give a “Thanks point” to a user who has corrected your entry. On the corrected journal’s page, you can give a Thanks Point by clicking the “Thanks” button next to the username of the person who corrected your entry. Then, you can give a “Thanks point” After giving a “Thanks Point”. You can not take back a ”Thanks Point”.
How do I get my work corrected?
You will be corrected by your friends, and native speakers of the language you are studying who happen to come across your journal entries. Lang-8 allows you to interact easily with other users and make new friends while getting your work corrected at the same time. In addition to correcting your friends’ entries, you can make more friends with people studying your native language by actively...
Can I edit anybody's entry?
We encourage you to correct entries that are written in your native language. Many people are looking forward to your feedback.
Sentences are not separated in the correction box.
When you enter text in a correction box, punctuation characters( “。”and “.”) are detected, and line breaks are automatically inserted. Thus, when writing an entry, please make sure to use「。」or “.” accurately. This will make it much easier for others to correct your work.
I cannot upload a picture.
1. Pictures must be less than 300 kilobytes. Please use GIF, JPEG or PNG formats. 2. Rename the file to another one that doesn’t contain any symbols(!,?,<,*,….). (e.g., image?123_4 ——rename—-> image)
How can I correct an entry?
The following example will show you how to correct an entry. 1. Display the entry you’d like to correct, and then click on “Post comment and corrections” 2. “Post comment and corrections” section will be displayed. 3. Click on the “Correct” link below the sentence that you want to correct. A correction menu will be displayed as shown below. 4. When...
Donation to Lang-8
Here are two ways to donate. 1, Donation via Paypal 2, Donation to Japanese Bank Account(銀行振り込み) 銀行名: 京都中央信用金庫 (金融機関コード:1611) 支店名: 西陣支店 (店番:012) 口座番号: 普通 0901879 名義: 株式会社Lang-8 Please tell us who you are, after you have donated(optional). People who have donated
Click on your user name at the top right corner of a page, and choose “Premium” . Click on the “Advertisement” tab. You can edit advertisements settings here.
Premium account fees transaction date Your Paypal payment will be made within 24 hours from the time you sign up. Please be aware that you will still be charged for that month’s payment even if you decide to close your account before the payment date. For the users who upgraded to premium accounts with paypal before 30 December 2010: Your Paypal payment is scheduled to be made one month...
About emphasizing and setting priority of your...
1. Click on your username at the top right corner of the page, and choose “Premium” 2. Click on the “journals” tab. You can edit premium journal settings here. *Emphasizing your jourals If you choose “Emphasize”, all your journals(including all posts made in the past) will be highlighted in blue color. *Setting journal priority If you choose...
How can I convert my journals into PDF files?
In a detailed page on Journal entries, click on the PDF icon next to the title and you can see the PDF file of that entry. You can also save the PDF File from the shortcut menu which is shown by right-clicking “PDF”. A PDF-processed file will appear, and you can download it.
How can I confirm the page settings for my Premium...
1. Click on your user name at the top right corner of the page, and then choose “Premium” 2. Click on the “My Premium” tab. 3. Your Premium account expiry date and account updates will be displayed. “From:” indicates the person you received your account from, “Received on:” indicates the date and time you received it, “State:”...
What happens to my footprints with the Premium...
With the Premium service, you can track an unlimited number of “Footprints”, i.e. you can track all viewers who have accessed your page so far. When you change your page, you can track all previous Footprints.
How can I search for only my own journal entries?
Our search function under the Premium service allows you to search for all journal entries in general. You can also narrow down your search to personal entries. To find specific words or phrases in your journal entries, select “my Journals” from the drop-down list on the left of the search box before searching.
What differences in my notebook with a Premium...
With the Premium service, you can store an unlimited number of items in your notebook. In other words, you can save more than the previously allowed limit of 501 items.
My URL settings
1. Click on your username at the top right corner of the page, and choose “Premium”. 2. Click on the “My URL” tab to display settings. 3. Enter your preferred URL in the text box. You can personalize your own page by setting your username as part of the URL. ( e.g. http://lang-8.com/foo ) The availability of your selected URL will be displayed on the right. Please...
Is it okay to tag other member's entries?
Because there are many important expressions, other member’s corrected entries are also helpful for your own study! Let’s make use of the tag feature to track and and learn from other members. *Please don’t be rude by using tagging offensive things to other member’s entries.
Can I see the corrected sentences I've tagged?
1. Click “My Notebook” via your user name at the top-right corner of the page. 2. Select the tag from the list of your tags on the right side of My Notebook. 3. You can find original sentences you’ve tagged when you click the icon below your Notebook.
How can I edit tags?
1. Click “My Notebook” via your user name at the top-right corner of the page. 2. Click the yellow colored icon and the edit page will appear. 3. After you’ve finished editing, click “Save”.