Agreement / Payment / Cancellation
Setting / Confirming
Are you using the ‘Add Favorite’ function now? You can keep your favorite users listed with this function. If you haven’t added these users as friends, you can still check out the journals you’re interested in or find useful. You can correct the journals of people you aren’t friends with by using this function and hopefully add them to your friends list.
1) Go to the homepage of the user you want to add.
2) Click on the ‘Add Favorite’ button at the bottom of the user’s photo.
3) You will be asked, “Do you want to add the following members to your Favorites?” Choose “Yes”.
You can manage your ‘Favorites’ list and check its status by selecting the ‘Favorites’ option on the drop-down navigation panel.
And you can also choose ‘Show’ or ’ Hide’ to manage the “Latest entries from your Favorites.” We hope that this function will help you improve your language skills. :)
Thank you for supporting us.
Today, I’ll show you how to use the “Preview” button in correcting.
1) Display the window for correcting a journal by clicking on the “Correct” button. Type your correction for one sentence and then click on the ” Preview” button.
2) The preview of your correction is now shown. ※ The correction is not posted yet.
3) If you want to modify your correction, click the “Correct” button again.
4) Modify your correction and then click on the ” Preview” button, again.
5) After completing your changes, click on the orange ”Post corrections” button.
If you write your journal with your native language, you can see a gray-colored “With native lang” label next to the title like a following picture.
Thank you for always supporting us.
From now on, you can share a new Lang-8 entry on Facebook.
1) Edit your journal.
2) Click on the ‘+ Display option’.
3) Click on the box that says, ‘Post this entry to Facebook’.
4) Publish the journal.
5) You can choose to share your post with friends, friends of friends or make the post public.
（The first time you choose share an entry, you’ll be taken to Facebook automatically)
6) Your journal will be posted to your timeline on Facebook.
※There’s another way to change your Facebook settings.
Please select the drop-down navigation panel, accessible through the top navigation bar on ‘My page’.
Choose ‘Setting’→Click on ‘Other Setting’.
1) Choose ‘Setting’.
2) Click on ‘Other Setting’.
3) Click on the ‘connect’ button to bring you to Facebook.
※An additional note
You can disconnect from Facebook at any time, or choose whether or not you ‘post to Facebook by default’.
To do this, choose ‘Setting’→Click on ‘Other Setting’.
You are able to easily control your preferences this way.
I hope you will continue to use our service.
We would like to thank TheROPFather for responsibly disclosing a critical security vulnerability in the Lang-8 website.
We encourage anyone to report any issues they find in the site, to help make this a more secure and stronger community.
We here at Lang-8 take your security very seriously and aim to achieve the up-most security, this vulnerability was fixed within 1 hour of being reported. You can follow TheROPFather @ www.twitter.com/theropfather or check his blog @ theropfather.wordpress.com”
Could anyone help us to translate Lang-8 to your native languages?
If you are interested in the translation, please contact us.
You can add new language or update current one.
Thank you very much.
Thank you very much for using Lang-8.
On Lang-8, you can show your appreciation by giving Thanks Points to people who correct your posts.
You can give a Thanks Point by clicking the “Thanks” button next to the username of the person who corrected your entry.
This update changes the Thanks Points system.
After giving a Thanks Point.
Before the update:
You could give up to five Thanks Points for a single correction.
After the update:
You can only give one Thanks Points for a single correction.
If you have received multiple Thanks Points (2 to 5) from one correction before the update, do not worry. One Thanks Point will be displayed next to the correction, but the actual amount received will be included in the total Thanks Point Count on your profile page.
Thank you very much,
The Lang-8 team
You can check your ranking of L points at post page.
The rankings depend on the L points you got over the past three days.
The higher your rank is, the higher your entries will be listed.
You can check your profile page and “write” page.